Monday, August 20, 2012

Last Week of Summer

We have had such a fun summer this year. This was the first "summer" we have taken since we started homeschooling. We took the entire month of June off, and then started working on writing with Emma and math with Zach. They both also read everyday during quiet time while I put Luke down for his nap. Zach has gotten into the Narnia books this summer, which I am very thankful for. He has been hooked on Magic Treehouse books for quite sometime and would read a couple of them a day. I felt like his reading skills were not being challenged enough with them. They are great for some quick fun reading, but I am glad he is branching out some now.

We have been fortunate to get some beach days in, as well as some pool days. We had an amazing vacation to Idaho with my family, and I got to go on a girls weekend to Oakland with my cousin. We have had several overnights at both my parents and Dan's dads house, and lots of time with friend both near and far.

One would think I wouldn't want summer to end, but that is not the case. I'm ready to get back to a sense of schedule. I'm ready to start learning again. I'm looking forward to our first year of both my big kids doing the same curriculum. I'm curious to see if this year will be any easier to get through our school days with a two year old. I am ready for some cooler weather (although I'm sure I am going to be waiting awhile for that!).

Some of our summer fun...

No comments: